Happy Birthday! It may or may not be your Frenchie’s birthday but we’d like to get you prepared. A birthday cake for you four legged friend and their furry friends is something every Frenchie needs.
They also deserve a pawtyyy! An easy way to celebrate your Frenchie’s birthday is at a local pup friendly pub. You can rally all your four legged friends and host the party of the year. A simple way to decorate is with themed party hats and make treat goodie bags for all your Frenchie Bulldog’s friends.
Bring the cake along! This is healthy for all breeds and is sure to spark some smiles.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (for frosting)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (for frosting)
- 1 banana (for decoration)
- small dog treats (for decoration)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the egg, peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a bowl. Beat with a whisk until smooth.
3. Gradually add in the whole wheat flour and baking soda (it is helpful to mix the two ingredients together first so they are evenly dispersed).
4. Add in the shredded carrots.
5. Grease a 9″ round cake pan with coconut oil.
6. Add batter to the cake pan and bake for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
7. Let the cake cool completely. Do not frost the cake until is is completely cooled, or the frosting will soak in.
8. To make the frosting, mix equal amounts of greek yogurt and peanut butter together in a bowl.
9. Frost the cake and decorate! Small dog treats and sliced bananas make great decorations.
10. Serve and watch your Frenchie enjoy!
Be sure to use a peanut butter that DOES NOT contain xylitol. Xylitol is a sugar substitute that can be toxic to dogs and is used as a sweetener in some peanut butters.